Black Friday is an American tradition where shops have major promotional sales the day after the American holiday, Thanksgiving. A few years ago a few South African retailers decided to partake in Black Friday sales and every year more and more retailers jump on the bandwagon.
Black Friday is on 25 November which falls on pay day for South Africans (well most of us) this year. I have searched the internet to find and share shops that are participating in Black Friday with you. In order to refrain from overspending or buying unnecessary items I have also included a few tips on how you can approach and survive the day. Below is a list of eleven stores participating and what they have to offer.
Checkers has a competition where it will be giving shoppers the chance to win 10 minutes alone in-store the night before with a R5000 shopping voucher to spend. Click here to enter.
Clicks will start its Black Friday sale early. Sales of up to 50% off on selected products will be available online at midnight on the 24th of November and the sale will only end on 27 November!
Be the first to know what deals Game will offer on Black Friday here.
Hifi Corp will have a massive sale of up to 80% off on all big brands. Click here to find out what they will offer.
I spoke to a H&M store associate at the V&A Waterfront store last week and she confirmed that they will be having a Black Friday sale. H&M is my absolute favourtie clothing store and I can’t wait to see what sales they have in store for us.
Makro has a countdown clock to Black Friday on its home page. Check it out here. The store will have up to 45% discount on selected items.
16 000+ pieces will be on sale this Black Friday at the online store Superbalist. The online store will be sharing updates on their Black Friday deals in a Facebook event. Click ‘Going’ to be the first to receive updates to make sure you don’t miss out. Visit superbalist.com on the 25th of November to shop.
Subscribe to the Total Sports newsletter here to be the first to know what deals will be available at the sport store this Black Friday.
- Make sure to like all of the participating stores’ social media pages to be the first to know what products will be on sale.
- Once the different sale products are made available by the different stores, identify what you would like to buy and at which store. On Black Friday, head to the store that has your most-wanted item or items first and be there early.
- Skip long queues and shop online. Stores like Clicks and Makro will have sales online too so you can shop items from stores like these online instead.
- If you really want to save money on Black Friday make a list of things you actually need and purchase those items only.
- If you don’t need anything but you would like to participate in the excitement of Black Friday, set aside a certain amount that you are willing to spend and stick to it.
- Make use of Black Friday sales to purchase Christmas gifts (that’s if you decided to buy gifts this year) to save money.
Which stores will you be heading to this Black Friday?